The Ultimate 'Bram Stoker’s Dublin Tour' with World Famous Host Dacre Stoker
Date : 18th to 20th October 2019
Duration : 3 Days
Price : €499 per person
Includes : All Entrance fees, seminars, and attractions. Also includes all transport, guides, private chauffeur and luxury vehicle.
Does Not Include : Meals, beverages, Accomodation and Airport transfers. These are up to you to arrange if relevant.
Meeting Point: 9am on Fri 18th October 2019 Outside the Hilton Garden Inn, Customs House
ItineraryDay 1 - Friday 18th Oct
- 9am Meet at Hilton Garden Inn, Customs House and be seated for our Special Stoker on Stoker Presentation by Dacre Stoker, great grand nephew of Bram Stoker. An Overview of Bram Stoker’s life in Dublin and his Writing of Dracula
- 11am - Trinity College - We Visit Long Room Library
- 12pm - St Anne’s Church - Bram: was married here
- 1pm - Lunch at Cafe en Seine - 40 Dawson St, Dublin
- 3pm - Dublin Castle - See the Plaque for Bram who worked here. We take a private guided tour which includes access to the State Apartments and crypt
- 4pm - Visit Marsh’s Library where Bram did research. Explore the books that Bram studied in 1866!
- 9am - Optional Visit to Jeanie Johnston Famine Ship
- 10:45am - Depart from Hilton Garden Inn for a visit to The Dublin Writers Museum and Centennial portrait of Bram Stoker by Aiden Hickey of the Dublin Painting and Sketching club
- 12:30pm - Visit the Marino Crescent and Park outside of Bram’s house. Dacre will treat the group to a special reading by Bram about his experience as a little boy living in this house
- 1pm - Lunch at the infamous Clontarf Castle
- 2.30pm - St John The Baptist Church (ruins) - Bram was baptized here
- 3:30pm - We stop at Harry Byrnes Inn where Dacre Stoker will read from “Dracul” as you enjoy a well deserved drink or two!
- 5pm - We visit the Guinness Storehouse
- 8 pm - Visit to Bram Stoker’s Castle Dracula Experience
- 9am - Optional Visit to 'Epic Museum'
- 10:15am - Depart from Hilton Garden Inn for our morning exploration of St Stephens Green
- 11:00am - Visit the Shelbourne Hotel - Dacre Stoker will present an exclusive to your group as you sip on some tea!
- 11:45 - Merrion Square - See the Oscar Wilde statue and learn about the Stoker-Wilde family connection
- 1pm - An unforgettable visit to Johnny Foxes Pub in the Dublin Mountains
- 3pm - Private Hellfire Club Tour to Montpelier Hill, deep in the Dublin mountains. The lodge here remains a foreboding place to visit and is at the heart of some of Ireland's's darkest stories. Stoker and Barker included a scene in Dracul at the Hellfire Club!
- 6.30pm - Drinks and farewell!
Your Exclusive Stoker Tour Highlights:
About your host: Dacre Stoker is the great grand-nephew of Bram Stoker and the international best-selling co-author of Dracula the Un-Dead (D 2009). Dacre is also the co-editor of The Lost Journal of Bram Stoker: The Dublin Years (2012). His latest novel, Dracul, (2018) co-authored with JD Barker, was the #1 bestselling hardcover horror novel in 2018 in the UK. Dacre has consulted and appeared in recent film documentaries about vampires in literature and popular culture. The Real Vampire Files (2010 History Channel), The Tillinghast Nightmare, (2014 Historical Haunts), Secrets of the Dead (2015 PBS), Mysteries at the Museum, (2017 Travel Channel) Legend Hunter (2019 Travel Channel).