Join your guides as they take you through the weird and wonderful events in times gone by, unearthing legends and ghosts from Dublin’s dark, eventful past.
- Person All Ages
The Most Terrifying Experience in Dublin
Book online or turn up at the departure point on the night. Limited availability.
WE GUARANTEE YOU THE BEST VIEW IN DUBLIN ON THIS TOUR!
Come and join us on the city’s only fully guided evening mountain walk, and see what Dublin really has to offer!
Hidden Dublin Tours is the only company that dares to bring you to the Hellfire Club, known by some as “the most terrifying walking tour experience in Dublin.”
Departs: Every Thursday and Friday at 7 p.m. (see online booking form for dates). Warm clothes and good footwear are essential. (See notes below).
Meeting Point: Under the ‘Pint of Guinness’ at Ned O’Sheas, Lower Bridge Street Dublin. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure.
Hidden Dublin Tours guarantees you the most atmospheric and unique group experience possible in the Dublin Mountains. You can turn up on the night for any tour, but preference will be given to online bookings.
- Board our private Hellfire Express to hear some of the haunted legends that abound further afield than Dublin City Centre at such famous landmarks as St Patrick’s Cathedral, Rathfarnham Castle and Kilakee House as we wend our way along the path towards the lonely dark Dublin Mountains range.
- Arrive at the Hellfire Club – we disembark the bus and walk up to one of Ireland’s most lonely and infamous places. The burnt-out shell of this haunted hunting lodge dating from 1725 is known for its association with Satanism, the supernatural and the occult. Be warned! Although this desolate place is miles from civilisation it has witnessed activities that should not be seen by anyone on this earthly plane. It is not unusual for visitors to experience head and chest tightness as their subconscious picks up on the horrors that this lonely hill has witnessed, it is not a place for the faint-hearted!
- Once onto the range, we GUARANTEE YOU THE BEST VIEW IN DUBLIN. Don’t forget your camera – a must for all budding photographers. See why this is the ideal location renowned by the darker side of Dublin gentry in the 1700s.
- Our storyteller will recount the history of this place, including the destruction of the ancient megalithic monuments, the exhumation of the demonic statue and dwarf skeleton to the evil rituals and events that took place here such as the black masses, human and animal sacrifices, and the infamous card game with the “cloven-hoofed visitor.”
- The historical “Haunted Hellfire” excurison will last approximately 2.5 hours (inclusive of travel time to and from the Dublin Mountains)
- Feel free to bring your own torch if don’t have a phone. We will, however, be insisting that all mobile phones and lights be turned off at certain points on the tour… for your safety!
- Finish back at O’Sheas, where you can avail of our special drinks promotions and dance the night away to live music.
Why not avail of our “Pour your own Pint Experience” at O’Sheas:
- A Pint of Guinness, A Photograph & Certificate: €13
- A Pint of Guinness, A Photograph & T-Shirt & Certificate: €25
- Fingers food for group: €10 per head
- Pint & Stew: €10
1) Your Ticket/Online Payment Receipt
Please bring the printout of your online booking or entry may be refused. You can turn up on the night for any tour, but preference will be give to online bookings.
2) Warm Clothes
Please bring very warm gear as much of the tour takes place at the summit of Mont Pellier in the Dublin Mountains and we can assure you it will be cold up there! You can always take off layers but you can’t add any more!
3) Wet Weather Gear
Be prepared. Please remember that it does rain in Ireland. You will not enjoy the tour if you are freezing cold and wet so please bring umbrellas and appropriate gear. We run rain, hail or shine.
4) Sturdy Walking Shoes
The Hellfire Club Dublin is perched atop a lonely peak in the mountains. To get there we need to walk for approx. 20 minutes uphill. Please bring appropriate shoes for this! You will not enjoy yourself if your feet are sore and/or cold. This is an outdoor walking tour, and a basic level of fitness is required.
5) Flashlights or Mobile Phone with Similar Facility
There are no public artificial light sources in the Dublin Mountains, if you do have a handy flashlight please bring it along as the track up the mountain is unsealed and we may be walking in darkness at some points.
6) Detailed directions on where we will be meeting
Please ensure you arrive at the correct tour meeting point.