This unique tour covers the more macabre and gruesome aspects of Dublin’s history as well as tales of the supernatural which have frightened Dubliners for centuries.
The Gravedigger Classic Bus Tour (Plague)
- Person All Ages
Reserve Your Spot on Dublin’s Gravedigger Ghost Bus Tour
Come and join us on the world-famous Gravedigger Ghost Bus Tour! The tour includes a stop at the famous Gravediggers Pub. An authentic family run pub since 1833 and home to the best pint in Ireland. With TWO professional actors and a plague-torn Dublin, it won’t disappoint!
Choose from either our CLASSIC GRAVEDIGGER GHOST BUS or our new GHOST SHIP BUS: Exact same tour but on a ghostly vessel that’s been seen drifting off the Irish Coast some 600 years! Reports suggest the rats may be left with nothing to eat but each other!
Many believed that the plague was the end of days, but the history of Dublin and its horrors continued…
Join your guides as they take you through the weird and wonderful events in times gone by, unearthing legends and ghosts from Dublin’s past on your choice of our two world-famous, custom-built vessels. As seen on TV!
The stories begin with Trinity College where your guide will transport you back some 600 years ago to when the old Augustinian Priory and of course the plague house were there.
The guide is all too familiar with the latter…But just ignore the coughing and listen to his tales!
Book your Dublin Gravedigger Ghost Tour online!
TOUR ROUTE & INFO
- The Gravedigger Ghost Tour lasts approximately 2 hours and runs 7 nights a week.
- The bus departs Outside H&M on Dame Street at 19.45pm.
- (SPECIAL HALLOWEEN SLOTS AVAILABLE FOR OCTOBER ONLINE. WE ALSO TAKE GROUP AND PRIVATE BOOKINGS)
- We pass by Dublin Castle, Christ Church, and hear the stories of Cork Hill En route to our first major stop.
- 20:20 to 20:40 – We visit St Audeons – AKA “Hell.”
- 20:50 to 21:10 – We stop outside Kilmainham Jail for a theatrical performance by our actors.
- 21:20 to 21:50 – En route, pass Croppies Acre and St Michans before arriving at Prospect Square – The Gravediggers Pub.
- The tour includes a stop at the famous Gravediggers Pub. An authentic family run pub since 1833 and home to the best pint in Ireland. Embrace our grand finale on body snatching by our professional actors.
- We then return to College Green (same return point as pickup)!
- Strobe lights, smoke, and other special effects will be utilised inside the bus.
- Adult supervision & discretion advised! Recommend age 12+.
GRAVEDIGGER CLASSIC BUS TOUR STOPS (PLAGUE)
Pass by Dublin Castle, Christ Church, and hear the stories of Cork Hill en-route.
St Audoen’s Church – learn about the area of Dublin that some referred to as ‘hell.’
Kilmainham Gaol – meet the prisoner whose sentence has no end at this infamous place.
Gravediggers Pub – a common spot for body snatchers and burkers to grab a pint!